2014 Annual Fund
BECAUSE RED RIVER THEATRES IS MORE THAN JUST GREAT MOVIES!
Read our 2013 ANNUAL REPORT HERE!
Your Annual Gift is necessary and has IMPACT.
Red River Theatres is your non-profit art-house cinema where ticket sales generate
only 40% of the revenues to power our mission of entertaining, broadening horizons and deepening appreciation of life for audiences of all ages.
This is where you come in…100% of your Annual Fund
investment stays right here to leverage our shared mission to:
Enlighten… broadening horizons through discovery and thought
- Directors & Their Craft is an exploration into the art form of film making. RRT will focus on one director each month,
presenting two works that are meant to widen the viewer’s perspective. A panel discussion with film scholars, critics and local filmmakers will follow each film.
- Thinking for the Future series is a glimpse into new territory, whether it is cinematic, thematic, political or geographic, allowing for discussion around the past, present and future of the subject matter covered in the film.
- Community Collaborations with non-profits such as the World Affairs Council, the Lantos Foundation & Green Concord, showing film and giving voice to critical topics.
Engage… building community through local dialogue
- GIRL RISING…showcasing the strength of the human spirit and the power of education to change the world.
- CENTRAL PARK FIVE…the story of five black and Latino teenagers falsely convicted of a horrific rape in Central Park, raising issues of the rush to judgment by the police and media clamoring for sensational stories.
- LOVE FREE OR DIE … following Bishop Gene Robinson’s personal story as American churches debate whether or not lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people are equal to heterosexuals in the eyes of God.
Entertain…we take our fun seriously!
- MOVIE MAGIC Events such as Casablanca, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Big Lebowski – from the classics, to the cult classics, to Sing A Long nights – we know how to have a good time and bring people to downtown Concord!
- Red River Theatres continued its streak of showing the Academy Award-winning Best Picture each year since we opened in 2007. Best Picture winners screened at Red River Theatres are: No Country for Old Men (2007), Slumdog Millionaire (2008), The Hurt Locker (2009), The King’s Speech (2010), The Artist (2011), Argo (2012) and 12 Years A Slave(2013)
- Recent Awards : Greater Concord Pinnacle award – NONPROFIT OF THE YEAR 2013, Best of The Hippo, Best of New Hampshire, and Cappies Best Movie Theater, Union Leaders Readers Choice – Best Indie Cinema.